Full Stack Developer Position
for Electronic Medical Record Product
Applied Informatics for Health Society (AIHS) is looking for talented and enthusiastic full-stack developers to join our established and growing organization. We build the MOIS® EMR – the highest-rated electronic medical record (EMR) solution in Canada. We need you to help make it better.
AIHS’ core values are patient and healthcare provider-focused. AIHS works with healthcare providers to:
- improve the experience for patients,
- improve patient outcomes, and
- reduce the cost of healthcare.
The Software Developer will report to a Development Manager and is responsible for the development of software, 2nd and 3rd level support and debugging and assisting other developers and staff with their assignments as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participating in agile development activities including story authoring, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint execution, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Meeting with customers to develop and understand requirements.
- Working with local and remote technical and support staff to estimate, design, implement, test and debug changes and extensions to AIHS’ products, including working with others to complete system testing. These changes and extensions involve the development of:
- RESTful services,
- HTML and HTML5,
- CSS and
- Using JIRA and Git effectively.
- Supporting customers, and data mining.
- Assisting with the recruitment of additional technical staff.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A degree or diploma from a Computer Science or Electrical Engineering program, or another similar technical program.
- 2 years of application development experience with strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux. C# experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with a keen eye for detail.
- A flair for good user experience design.
- Being a fast learner and independent thinker.
- Consistent follow through on delivery in a timely manner.
- Experience or training in health informatics or healthcare is an asset.
- This position is available in Vancouver or Prince George, British Columbia and Brampton, Ontario.
Applicants may send their cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
No phone calls or personal visits please. We thank all candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.