Technical Analyst Position
for Electronic Medical Record Product
Applied Informatics for Health Society is looking for talented and enthusiastic Technical Analysts to join our well established and growing organization.
AIHS builds the MOIS® EMR – the highest-rated electronic medical record (EMR) solution in Canada. We need you to help make it better.
Our core values are patient and healthcare provider-focused. AIHS aims to:
- understand and improve the experience for patients in the healthcare system,
- help healthcare providers improve patient outcomes and
- reduce the cost of healthcare.
The Technical Analyst will report to a Development Manager and is responsible for the implementation and support of medical offices during their transition to MOIS. Strong troubleshooting skills and a “can do” attitude are attributes you must possess. While you may have acquired your technical skills in a different industry, your key attribute is your ability to analyze and solve problems. Top-notch training will be provided for you to become well-versed with our products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding our product and the EMR domain.
- Provide technical support to users and staff in diverse IT environments.
- Deploy new software releases and updates to customer sites.
- Understand customer feedback and implement solutions for complex systems and issues.
- Review the status of backups and generated reports.
- Complete analyses for both software under test and customer implementations, including software and hardware evaluations and upgrades.
- Demonstrate technical leadership.
- Author SQL and system scripts to automate and monitor tasks.
- Create and maintain technical and user documentation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in group and one-on-one settings.
- Patience and listening skills.
- A knack for understanding customer needs and seeing them succeed.
- Consistent follow through on the completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux Operating Systems, relational databases, hardware configuration, networks and IT security technologies.
- Technical certifications and post-secondary education are considered an asset.
- Combination of experience, software and hardware knowledge, education and skills will be considered.
- A keen eye for detail.
About Prince George – Affordability and Opportunity:
- Prince George offers the lowest costs of living for a city of its size in BC. Affordable real estate, rent and short commutes are just part of the Prince George lifestyle.
- Lower costs of living equate to more discretionary income. Home ownership, recreational opportunities, and travel are many of the perks of living in Prince George. With regularly scheduled jet service making major urban centers such as Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton only a short trip away, those seeking the big city and access to world travel can have it at their convenience.
- As the main service and supply hub for business across the north, Prince George is the primary centre for health care, advanced education, shopping, and culture in the region.
Applicants may send their cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 250-564-2655. No phone calls or personal visits please. Note that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.